The Rebels have announced today an educational seminar for all local bantam, midget and high school hockey coaches. The topic: Juniors … the bridge to college hockey.
With over 30% of current players in the National Hockey League coming from the collegiate ranks, many local coaches (and players for that matter) are not sure or aware of how they can help their players possibly receive a NCAA commit or simply play college hockey. Enter junior hockey.
Unlike most other sports, it is extremely rare in today’s game that a player goes from youth and/or high school hockey into college. Therefore, junior hockey is that bridge to collegiate hockey.
Coaches will learn the following:
- Junior hockey
- What is junior hockey
- The various leagues
- Why grades are important
- Why it is ok if your player doesn’t get drafted
- The importance of being an athlete – training and nutrition
- What coach’s look for at camps
- College Hockey
- ACHA and Club Teams
Coaches will hear from local area guest speakers:
- Jimmy Watson, Two Time Stanley Cup Champion, Philadelphia Flyers Hall of Famer, Head Coach of the Delco Phantoms Midget 18UAA
- Salvatore Capone, Head Trainer for the Aston Rebels
- Joe Coombs, Head Coach for the NAHL’s East Division Champions Aston Rebels
- Matt Tendler, Head Coach of Neumann University’s NCAA Division III Ice Hockey team
The seminar will be held on Tuesday, August 30 at 7:00pm at the IceWorks Pub & Grill located between rinks 3 and 4 in the IceWorks Skating Complex in Aston, PA.
While this seminar is idea for bantam, midget and high school coaches, all coaches from various levels are welcomed to attend.
Please click on the form below to register: